GLHS Community Art | Community Impact
The mission of the Gahanna Lincoln Community Art class is to work together to increase the presence of the arts in the Gahanna community.
Each year at the start of the class, the students spend several weeks brainstorming and developing ideas for projects that will positively impact the Gahanna community. At this point, the sky’s the limit! Then, as ideas develop, we work with our 11 Gahanna-Jefferson District schools, area businesses, and the City to see what will be feasible for that particular year.
Then, we set out to accomplish whatever it is the students have dreamed to do. Over the course of the last seven years this class has existed, we have made a huge impact on the community.
Some of the projects we have completed include:
- Organized and installed 14 murals along the bike path under the Creekside Bridge
- These murals were created by students in all Gahanna Schools K-12
- This project has been completed twice, once in 2010, and a second time with fresh murals featuring new artists in 2016.
- Volunteered at many District school and City events
- Developed and taught art enrichment courses at area elementary schools
- Created artwork for the local Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Worked with the City of Gahanna to create entrance signs to the local park Story Trail
- Created and installed murals and playground graphics at many of the elementary schools
- Worked with area businesses to hand-paint logos and window decor
- Designed and installed several murals at the area preschool and a local church
- Worked with the City of Gahanna to design and create a mural on a large storage shed at the area Dog Park
- Designed and installed many murals in Gahanna Lincoln High School
- Held many community-wide events featuring the Arts, including the annual Herb n’ Arts Fair, Holiday Hoopla, and Puppypalooza
All of these projects have been provided to our clients FREE due to our generous donors and our fund-raising activities.
The Community Art students are self-motivated, creative, and hard-working students who are excited to make a positive impact wherever they can.